Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 23 of 31: Army crawling

I have been horrible the last couple of days about sticking to the 31 for 21.....

.......but, I have some valid excuses!  On Thursday, our computer was broke and I wasn't even able to log onto the internet.  And yesterday, little miss Taylor started to get sick and it ended up being croup.  I had to take her to the ER this morning to get a steroid treatment so that she could breathe a little easier.

Part of my problem is that I wait until the end of the day to do a post and then something happens and there goes the day with no blog post.  Okay.....enough with the excuses.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Madi was starting to army crawl a little bit.  When she started doing it, I thought "Oh, if we just focus on this, in a week or so, she will have mastered it and be going all around like a speed demon!"  Well, was I ever wrong!  I'm still learning how this whole "low muscle tone and weaker muscles" thing works.  We have been working on the army crawling like crazy and she is doing so much better.....but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

And, you know what.....that's okay!!  I am just so crazy proud of how well she IS doing!  I see just how hard she has to work to move that short little distance that she does go and my heart swells with pride to see her working so hard!  She gets so excited when you yell and cheer for her.....she will do whatever she has to do to repeat it!

Here's a little clip of her army crawling......


She doesn't really go too far nor very fast.....but, I am just so proud of her!  She is doing awesome!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats the most cutest crawl ever!!! Way to go Maddi! She is absolutely precious, so proud of her :D

teal915 said...

That's exactly what Kamdyn looked like. I used cheerios.

Runningmama said...

Way to go Madi!

Donna said...

Hi there! Just stopping over from the blog hop. Madi is beautiful! I know how you feel about not getting any posts out during this challenge. I had my blog for 2 years before I ever wrote the first post on it! And last year I had a grand total of 32 posts I think, 31 of which came from the challenge. I plan on doing better, but it is so hard, especially when it gets to the end of the day and I am ready to go to bed! Like now! So glad to meet you and I will be back to get to know you all.

Cammie Heflin said...

Precious!

April Vernon said...

Yeah, Madi!!

Melissa said...

Way to go Madi!

And I'm still amazed by how some skills come easier than others. Claire started cruising around furniture just after her first birthday and I thought for sure walking would soon follow. I never thought it would take 9 more months to see her first steps. It does make it all the sweeter though!