Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 21 of 31: Blog Hop Day and 21 things

It's Blog Hop Day!!  In honor of the 21st chromosome our kiddos share, fellow bloggers have joined a Blog Hop on the 21st day of Down syndrome Awareness month!  Please go here to visit the blogs of the others involved in the hop.

So, in honor of the 21st chromosome my daughter is sporting.....I want to share 21 random facts about Madi and the ways our lives have changed since she has come into our life.

1.  The girl loves to eat!  Ice cream is her favorite!!



2.  She loves her big sister!  And vice versa.  You can see the adoration in each other's eyes when they look at each other.



3.  Madi is a really easy baby.  The majority of the time she is very happy and best of all....she sleeps through the night!

4.  This trip to Holland with Madi is far much better than I would have ever imagined!  I don't even think about Italy with her anymore.

5.  We have met some amazing new friends because they are sporting an extra chromosome like Madi.

6.  We have also gotten rid of some people that we "thought" were friends but because Madi has that extra chromosome, they are just "too uncomfortable".

7.  Madi is teaching me to have patience.  And I must say, this is a work in progress!  I am a person that is hardwired to want to see results NOW!  :)

8.  I have "met" some amazing people and their families through this whole blogging experience.  Even though I have never met most of these people, in person, I feel like I already know them!  (It would be fun to have a conference/reunion of just bloggers from the Down syndrome community!!!)

9.  I have become "at peace" with some personal things that I have struggled with for a long time.  Madi has helped me do this by showing to me what is truly important in life.

10.  Madi is a snuggler.  I love the way her body just melts into yours.

11.  Madi has the most amazing eyes!



12.  Madi has been congested since the day she was born!  Her nasal passages are just so small!!  Poor thing!

13.  I am learning to become an advocate......something I have never had to do before.

14.  I see people differently.  I'm not as judgmental as I used to be.

15. Madi loves to swing!

16.  Madi really couldn't see us the 1st couple of months.  We always felt like she couldn't see us and was staring right through us.......sure enough she was.  Her vision has improved but she is far sighted.

17.  So far, the size of her ear drums are fairly typical.  Hopefully, that will mean she won't have all the ear infections our kiddos are prone to getting.

18.  Madi is still on oxygen at night.  We do a sleep study in a couple of weeks.  Probably will find out she has to be on it for a couple of years due to sleep apnea.  :(

19.  Madi has grandparents that LOVE her to pieces!!



20.  I wouldn't change the Ds for nothing!  Do I want her to struggle.....no.  But, I wouldn't change the Down syndrome.

21.  Last but not least.........Madi's smiles literally transform the room!!!



I apologize for being late to get out a post.......as I said earlier, our computer was down and then I had a couple of appts. this afternoon.

Hope everyone had a great Blog Hop day!

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Just "hoppin" by! love the pictures... what a beauty.

RK said...

So glad I hopped by today! Madi is BeeeeeeaUtiful! And she DOES have amazing eyes! :o)

Julz said...

Beautiful girls u have there!!!!!

lovemy3 said...

Love the messy eater pic...she certainly enjoyed it! Love those blue eyes.

Kristin said...

Blog hopping by :)

Anonymous said...

Blog hopping (late)! Her smile is adorable! Love your post. :)

Laura said...

I smile when I look at Maddie! Yes she does have gorgeous eyes!

Michelle said...

coming by from the hop! Great list about your cutie! Ice cream is one of my favorite foods, or weaknesses I should say!

Melissa said...

I'm late hopping because I was out of town with no internet, but I still wanted to stop by!

We have to meet sometime! We are up that way frequently, and I'd love to get together. Madi does have beautiful eyes!