Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 14 of 31: I'm glad I have a child with Ds because...

I know this was yesterday's theme in blog-land but it was an entirely too hectic of a day.

When I think about the statement, "I'm glad I have a child with Ds because....", it is really hard to narrow down to just one response.  I can think of many ways my life has been enrichened with the birth of Madison but I felt like this statement really needs just one response.

I was struggling trying to narrow it down to just one thing.......but then something happened today that solidified my answer.  And here it goes.....

I am glad I have a child with Ds because......

.......I have the pleasure of being the momma of a person that is going to enrich and bring SO much joy to other people's lives.

Madi had school today and when I went to pick her up, one of her teachers became teary-eyed with me and told me just how much they enjoy having Madi in their lives.  She said that she looks forward to the days that Madi is in school......that Madi has a presence about her that immediately lifts everyone's mood, no matter what kind of day they are having.  She said that she knows that it's going to be a good day at work before the day even starts when she knows that Madi is there.

Can I just say how much my heart swells with pride that I have the privilege of being the mother of this child?!?!  When Madi was born and we first learned about her diagnosis, never in my life would I have ever thought that someone was going to say those words to me.  If anything, I feared that no one would want to have her in their class, because she would need extra help and they would consider her to be a burden.

The fact that Madi has already made such an impact in other's lives in just the short 9 1/2 months is mind-boggling to me!  It makes me giddy with excitement......I can't wait to see what the future will bring!  I KNOW that she is going to do GREAT things!  And the great things I am talking about are not her physical or stereotypical accomplishments you would think about.......they are the relationships she is going to form with others and how she is going to touch their lives!

I feel honored that I was chosen to be given this child that can melt the heart of others like she already has done!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am included in that number of pepole who have had their hearts melted because of Maddy. I've met her just once and I was captivated by her :) you are truly blessed Karrie!