Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2 of 31: Step Up for Down syndrome 2011

Last Sunday we participated in our 1st annual Step Up for Down syndrome Walk!  This walk is very similar to all the Buddy Walks that are going on around the country.

I am proud to say that our team, Madison's Mob, raised $1490 for the Mile High Down Syndrome Association (MHDSA)!  I know that this doesn't even compare to the top fundraising team that raised over $11,000.  But, for our 1st time doing it this year, I am proud of what we accomplished!


We had an absolutely AWESOME team!!!




And, can I just say, that some of the donations we received were from people that I would have never imagined!  Isn't that how life is?!?!  You receive support from the people you least suspect and don't from the people you expect it from.......

The day was a gorgeous day!  Actually, probably almost a little TOO warm.  It ended up being around 85* ~ which really isn't too hot but if you know the intensity of the Denver sun.....it is HOT!!

One thing I love about the Step Up Walk in Denver......you are able to set up your own tents and bbq or whatever afterwards!  I am not really sure if other Ds walks are like this but I have never experienced this at the other various fundraising walks I have participated in.  It was great because we were able to show our appreciation to our team members by having a bbq and drinks afterwards to celebrate!

Here are various pictures to highlight our day!  (I apologize ahead of time for the quality of the pictures.....I don't have a fancy camera and the sun was SOOO bright and intense so the pictures didn't turn out the best. )


Madi and her cousin, Ezra
Taylor and her cousin, Sylas




Taylor had the opportunity to meet Miss Colorado!  She was in complete awe and in heaven!  She LOVES anything to do with crowns and princesses.  Miss Colorado was sweet enough to let Taylor put her sash on her!



~Madi's BFF, Lily~







Taylor and my dear friend, Katy Tartakoff.  She is an amazing photographer that I had the privilege of getting to know during my breast cancer journey.

Taylor and my momma!

Lily and her momma, Lindsey and Dorothy

My brother, Brian and his son, Sylas

Angela and Cooper

My amazing friend, Andrea!  She is my cancer buddy!


This ended up being a family reunion for them!

I know.....Madi looks a little wore out there!  
I am already super excited about next year's walk!!  After being there for the 1st time and seeing everyone else's stuff, I have so many ideas for next year!

Thank you to everyone that supported our team!

2 comments:

lovemy3 said...

Yay - on your fundraising! I'm hoping we can get a team together for Hailey next year for our local Buddy Walk. She's absolutely beautiful...those blue eyes!

Melissa said...

We missed the walk this year, but it looks like you had a great time! Next year we'll have to meet up. :)