Friday, March 11, 2011

Teasing

So, yesterday I recorded Dr. Phil and watched it in the evening.....it was all about young girls and teasing.  I was absolutely shocked to watch these 9 and 11 year old girls teasing, bullying and just being down right MEAN!  I am soooo fearful for my girls to grow up, and the thought of them being teased just sends me right over the edge!  I know it is going to happen because everyone gets teased at some point in their life for something but I just want to protect my little angels.

Taylor is soooo ultra sensitive.  Her feelings get hurt very easy.  Just this morning, I took her to her new class at school (she is officially in the preschool class....at 2 1/2!!), and when I was getting her settled playing with some older kids, the only thing I could think about was "Oh, I hope they are nice to her and let her play with them."  I was talking to the teacher and she said that the cliques and snottiness from girls starts even in the kindergarten class.  Kindergarten????  What do you have to be snotty about at that age?

And then I think about someone being mean and poking fun of Madi........let me tell you "Mama Bear" will be out in FULL force!!!  I am just so scared for her.  I want people to accept her and love her.  It frightens me to think about some snots bullying her and, god forbid, if they call her the "r" word.  I have to stop thinking about it because it gets me entirely WAY too worked up.

I don't know.  I guess all I can do is focus on what I teach my girls and hope that they treat everyone the same.  It's just a crazy world out there, though!  If this kind of stuff is starting in kindergarten class these days, it makes me fearful of what society is going to be like in 20 years.

1 comment:

Becca said...

When Samantha was born, all I could think about was, "How can I protect my baby from all the meanness?" I now feel a bit better about it, though. The more I hear about and read about older kids with Ds (from other blogs, local friends, etc.), I see that there are some truly good kids out there that will stand by and stick up for them if it comes to that, but that acceptance is getting better and better. I'm shocked by that Kindergarten statistic...Sammi starts K in the fall!!