Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring is in the air!

Today was a wonderful spring day!  Or at least I like to think that it is the beginning of spring.  It was 60* outside and we went to the park as a family!  And it was great!!

It was Madi's 1st time to the local park.......I'm so anxious for many more times to come!  To be honest with you, it was one of the few times that Madi has been out of the house, for something other than a doctor's appt.  I have been so fearful of her getting sick, especially this time of year.  So, we tend to stay at home.  And it is a pain to bring the oxygen around.  I was going to go to the grocery store with her the other day but after I started thinking about "Where am I going to put her oxygen.....in the cart or carry over my shoulder?"  Umm......yeah......I think I will just go by myself when Mark gets home.

Okay....back to the wonderful day at the park!!!!  It just felt sooo good to be outside!  The fresh air did us all some good!  We had a good ole' fashioned picnic with sandwiches and even the ice cream truck swung by the park, which Taylor had to have, of course.  Can I just say how much I LOVE that we have an ice cream truck that comes around regularly!  Taylor definitely recognizes the sound of the music coming from it and gets crazy excited!!  To me, that is the essence of being a kid!  I want our girls to have memories of running to the ice cream truck in the summer time and getting giddy over ice cream.  There is nothing more pure and childlike than times like that!

Next week the weather is supposed to be in the high 60's and low 70's......hoping to make another park date with the girls!!!


Eating cheddar bunnies.....patiently awaiting going to the park
Madi wearing her sweater and hat her great aunt Sue made for her

No comments: