Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!  To celebrate in true green fashion......my mom (Gigi), Taylor, Madi and I painted our toenails green the other day and made shamrock sugar cookies!

Taylor loves making cookies!  

Gigi and Taylor

Look at our pretty toes!!  Taylor even had her fingernails green.

It's really hard to paint the toes of a squirming baby......it was the best I could do!


It was a lot of fun!  Today I was sitting at Taylor's dance class and was thinking about how I used to always look forward to St. Patty's Day because I always went out with friends and consumed WAY too much green beer.  Now, I paint my toenails green and make cookies.  It's just funny how your life changes once you have kids......how your priorities change.  I wouldn't trade it for the world!  I absolutely adore my little girls and I can't imagine my life without them.

I have had quite a few moments lately where I just look at either Taylor or Madi and I am overwhelmed with my love for them.  I actually think that my heart stops because I am so engulfed in the love we have for each other.  I had those moments from time to time before I had Madi but to be honest with you, I think I was too busy with life.  Not that we aren't busy now......we couldn't get any busier.....but I don't think that I stopped to "smell the roses".

Everyone that knows me knows that I am not a patient person and I am always go-go-go.  But, I am being "forced" to accept that things aren't always going to go as I want and in the timeframe that I desire.    And I am saying "forced" because some days I have a really hard time with it.  I feel like I am getting better at accepting that Madi is going to do things on her own timeline but boy, some days it just kills me inside.  Just because I accept it, doesn't mean I have to like it.  Madi is getting better and stronger every day but I am having a hard time accepting that the average age for holding their head up consistently for long periods of time is 6 months.  6 months?!?!?!  Taylor was crawling at 6 months!  I know, I know......I shouldn't and CAN"T compare but WOW!!!  6 months!  Now, granted, kiddos do it earlier too and I am hoping that Madi will be one of those kids.

This is where I have been the last couple of days......a series of ups and downs.  I think it doesn't help that Madi had a horrible PT session on Monday.  So, I didn't get my usual burst of confidence that I usually get and to be honest with you, I need it.  I find that right after a PT session, I am feeling confident with Madi and the exercises I am doing with her but by the weekend, I am starting to go downhill again and doubt what I am doing with her and feel like she is not progressing.  So, I NEED those good PT sessions......for my sanity!

Anyways......here are a couple of super cute pictures of the girls today to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!!!





No comments: