Sunday, March 6, 2011

My wiggle bug is awake!

First off.......our new nickname for Madi is Wiggle Bug!  I am sure there will be many more to come in the future but as of now, Wiggle Bug is a good description.  If she is not sleeping, her arms and legs are a-moving non stop!

She is awake.......I am finally seeing a light in Madi's eyes.  She has been a sleepy baby, which most are for  a few weeks.  But, she has been even more so.  From what I have read and heard, this is very common for babies with Ds.  They are very content and barely cry.  This is true for Madi.  But, even when she has been awake, I haven't really seen a whole lot of recognition and focus in her eyes.  She seemed to look through you or completely avoid all eye contact.  I would usually get good focus and feel like we were bonding when I was feeding her but not at any other times.

Well, the past few days (really, since the day she 1st smiled) she seems to be awake!  You can actually see the "wheels turning" in her brain when she is looking at you.  I finally feel like she is truly seeing you and truly looking at things.  I have been kind of worried the last few weeks, thinking maybe there is something wrong with her vision or maybe we are starting to see the cognitive effects.  But, nope, she is there and she is letting us know she is interested!!!  

In the past, when we got good eye contact, I have always felt like she was looking deep into my soul.  But, now I KNOW she does and there is such a peaceful feeling when she is soaking in every little details of my face.

Taylor likes to put stickers all over Madi

Look at those eyelashes!!!


I am feeling so much more positive than I was yesterday........but isn't that how life usually goes.......a good day always comes after the bad.  Just, hopefully, there isn't too many bad.....

No comments: