Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Zoo

Today was a great day with just the girlies and I!  Mark has been out of town on a trip so we were hanging out by ourselves this weekend.

I decided to become ambitious and take the girls to the zoo by myself.  Usually someone else is always with us on an outing like this, whether it be Mark or my mom (Gigi).  But, today, I was all by myself with the both of them.

You may be thinking "What's so hard about that?"

Well......you haven't seen the almost 3 year old girl that is stubborn and hard-headed to the end!  When she decides she doesn't want to do something or wants to do something she can't do......watch out!  You are going to have some sort of meltdown on your hands.

This is not a big deal at home......I just simply ignore her.....let her throw herself around and kick the floor and cry.  But, in public, you really don't want to be "that" family.  And then, to have a 6 month old you are trying to entertain and take care of at the same time and push a double stroller and diaper bags, etc, etc....  Doesn't sound like much fun, huh?!?!

We showed up at the zoo right at opening time of 9:00am.  We looked at a few animals but then, I needed to give Madi a bottle.  I had Taylor play in a playground area while I fed Madi.  This was great until she decided to chase a chipmunk around.  Well, the chipmunk had something else in mind for her.  He started chasing her.  Needless to say, this FREAKED Taylor out and she went running away.  Well, the clumsy girl that she is......she tripped and went face first into a puddle of mud.  Yes, what a great way to start our little adventure!

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised.....she got over it pretty quickly after I got her cleaned up.

After that, it turned out to be an awesome time!!!







Taylor was able to ride a pony.......just getting herself "warmed" up for her western-themed birthday party!!!

Madi went on her first carousel ride!  She absolutely loved it!  She was giggling and smiling the whole ride!  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any pictures.......kind of hard to hold her up and take pictures at the same time.

The rest of the afternoon was great!

Taylor has always shown interest in Madi......but now that Madi is smiling and laughing at her, she loves it!





She likes to get her attention and play with her.

And sometimes she loves on her.........just a little too hard.....



Taylor decided to check out whether or not Madi needed changing.....



I finally feel like I am able to play with both of the girls at the same time and do the same things together.      Up until now, it has been I am either playing with Taylor and Madi hangs out or vice versa.  Not really "together".  But, now that Madi is able to do some more things physically and is more interactive with us, it is just so much easier.





Taylor's new thing lately is all 3 of us girls laying in mom and dad's bed together.  It is so cute because both of the girls get kind of giggly and silly when we do it.





Again, Taylor likes to love on Madi a little too hard.......



It was a great day!!!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I don't even recognize Taylor! I thought she was someone else's kid for a few minutes! She is so grown up! The pics are so cute and Mads has the biggest joy-filled smile I've ever seen! Isn't it fun with two?