Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekend of 1st's for Taylor

This last weekend was a HUGE weekend of first's for Taylor!

We started out the weekend by going to her 1st movie at the movie theatre!  She just recently began to sit through an entire movie at home so we thought we would give it a try and do the "Real Deal"!!

We went and saw Winnie the Pooh.......which is really cute, by the way!



When we first walked into the theatre, she didn't quite know what to think.  As we walked down the dark hallway to go to the seats, she got a little scared and slowed waaaaaayyyy down.  When we turned the corner and she saw the big room with rows upon rows of seats, her eyes were HUGE!

She sat through the beginning ads/previews in such concentration at the screen.  I would talk to her and try to get her attention but she was just fixated on the massive screen ahead of her!

I got her one of those kiddie combo popcorn packs but she eyed the large box of gummy bears and just HAD to have them.  Well, she proceeded to eat the entire thing before the movie even started.  And bear in mind.......we went to a 9:00 am movie, so this is a LOT of sugar to have so early in the morning.

She did really good throughout the movie........started to get a little antsy towards the end but for the most part, sat and watched the movie the whole time.  Unfortunately, after all the sugar she had, there is the inevitable crash that follows it.  And, boy, did she crash!

******

The next day, she had her first encounter of going to a water park.  We went to Water World.......America's Largest Water Park!!!  (yes, that sounded like an ad!)

We got there at opening time at 10:00am and stayed all the way to closing at 6:00pm.  That is a LOT of sun and water for a little girlie!!

But, she had a BLAST!!!  Her favorite rides were the ones that involved tubes!

I have to say........I am so incredibly proud of how well she patiently waited in line all day.  The lines were horrible and she never got antsy or complained nor did she try to cut ahead.  She did really, really well!!!  If we had tried this adventure last summer, it would have been a different story.  I am positive that we would have left after the first hour.

The little girlie also did not have a nap that day, too!  She laid down but just couldn't fall asleep with all the noise and the heat.  So, this is the result of a long day in the sun........



She didn't even make it to the car!  She fell asleep in my arms walking to the parking lot.

I wish I would have taken pictures throughout the day but I was too busy enjoying myself on the water rides myself!!!  It's funny, as we were driving there, I think I was more excited than Taylor was!  I was squirrely in my seat and hooting and hollering out!  I truly am a little girl at heart and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE water parks, carnivals, festivals, etc.

It was a GREAT weekend!!!  It was the true essence of what summer represents!

No comments: