Thursday, July 7, 2011

Appointment and Pictures

I finally took Madi for her 6 month appointment.  I really wasn't too late, just a week and half.  But, as I posted before, I was kind of dreading it.  Dreading getting her blood drawn for the thyroid and CBC test.

Well......let's start with the good news first!

She is 15 lb. 4 oz. and 25 1/2 in. long!  She is in the 90% for both height and weight on the Down syndrome charts.



I guess whatever we are doing, just keep doing it!

But, the icky part......I took her to Children's for the blood draw.  The poor little thing got poked 7 times.  3 times in each arm and then a final one in her hand, which ended up being the winner.  Let's just say she SCREAMED!  But.....she recovered very fast.  That is one thing about Madi......she may scream and get upset but she gets over it really fast.  The nurse's even got a smile from her after it all!



This next week, we are also going to do another O2 challenge.  She is off the oxygen during the day but on the last test didn't pass it at night.  Since it has been a couple of months we are going to try again with the challenge at night.  I am really hoping she passes.  It's not a big deal anymore to have her on it since it is just at night.  But, I would be just be that much more reassured that everything is okay with her.

 ******

Today I took the girls to get pictures done at Babies R Us.  I mainly went for Madi's 6 month pictures but I decided to have some done with Taylor too.  I haven't had any pictures done of her since she was 18 months, besides her school pictures.

I was very pleased with how they turned out!  Madi had quite a few BIG smiles!  It is so nice.....she is starting to smile at other people these days.  She has really only smiled for me, Mark, my mom and dad.  But, now, she is dazzling everyone else with her thousand watt grins!!!!!





Look at those dimples!








I LOVE this picture!


This one ..... I am not really sure if she is smiling or just getting ready to bust out in a scream!

I'm sorry for all you Facebook friends that are reading this.....I know I posted these on there so you are seeing them twice.

1 comment:

April Vernon said...

Great pics! I love the one with Taylor looking down at the sunflowers. Hope the O2 challenge goes well. Monday we get Levi's results from his sleep study.