Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ponytails and Party planning

Ponytails

I was able to put Madi's hair in her first ponytail yesterday!  She looked so stinkin' cute!




I'm not sure how long I will be able to do it, though.  The long hair is her "birth hair" that just hasn't fallen out yet.  The rest of her head has and the new growth is a completely different color.  Her "birth hair" is a brown with a reddish tint in the sun.  But, her new hair is white.  And when I say white....I mean white like a sheet of paper white.  It's crazy!  But, her daddy was a white head when he was little too.  (Okay, I just reread that.....he was a "white head".  No, he was not a zit!)

Party Planning


It is that time of year again for Taylor's birthday!  She is turning 3 this year!

And mom is going a little overboard this year!!!!  (That's an understatement!)

We are planning a western theme (I got the theme and ideas from the wonderful Kelle Hampton)  We are having a petting zoo, pony rides, panning for "gold", a craft table and a general store.

Yes....I know.....it sounds like a lot for a 3 year old's birthday party.  But, I say, what the heck!  You are only little once.  I know I am only going to be able to do these parties for so long before all she wants to do is have a sleepover with friends.  And then, she will turn 16 and not want anyone to know of my existence.  She came from a stork......she doesn't have a mother.

So......overboard I go!!  And I am super stoked about it!  My mom and I have been scouring the internet for ideas and ways to decorate.  Let me tell ya, if you are planning a themed party, there is so much on the internet for ideas.  I have been amazed!  It already makes me excited to start to plan Madi's 1st birthday party!  I'm thinking........maybe a Lady Bug theme!?!?!



No comments: