Friday, November 11, 2011

Tonsils and Camera Searching


I know that I have been very vacant these last couple of weeks.  With Madi being in the hospital for 7 days straight, I am left this week trying to catch up on all the every day things that we missed doing during her hospital stay.  

In addition to the things that we missed, I am also trying to get ahead because next Tuesday, Taylor is getting her tonsils removed.  So, back to the hospital I will go.  This time with Taylor.  They consider the surgery to be outpatient with a 23 hr. 59 min. observation afterwards.  So, we will be staying the night.

I'm sure you are probably asking, why is she getting her tonsils removed?

Well, first off, she snores worse than a drunken sailor!  Not all nights.....but alot of nights.  I have gone in her room to check on her and have witnessed her "stop" breathing for a few seconds.  They don't need a sleep study done to determine that she has sleep apnea.  She doesn't really sleep very well.  Her snoring and snorting wakes her up, which then she often lays there for an hour or more before she goes back to sleep.  She is almost 3 1/2 years old and most days, by noon, she is exhausted.  

When she is exhausted like that, her attention span isn't the greatest.  And she gets very whiney.  So......hopefully all of this will improve when her tonsils and adenoids are removed.

I guess tonsils are rated from 1 to 4, according to size.  Well, the ENT determined that Taylor's are 4+.  He called them "kissing tonsils".  

I am feeling pretty calm right now, when I think about the surgery.  But, I know that in a couple of days, I will be a nervous wreck!!!  I don't want them to put my girlie under anesthesia!!!  What keeps me fairly sane about the whole procedure is the fact that I know that it is so routine and common.  And really, what should I be complaining about.........there are many of you out there reading this that have had your baby have open heart surgery at only a few months of age!  I can't even imagine!  I admire, these parents, for their courage and strength ........for I can only imagine the fear they felt inside.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
My camera died.......we have had it for over 7 years so I guess I should be happy it lasted that long.  It was just a small camera, Canon Powershot.  So, that is why there is also a lack of photos the last few weeks too.  

We are going to take the plunge into the world of DSLR cameras!  I am trying to do a little research on which one to buy........so for all of you out there that take these AMAZING photos that I am so jealous of........which camera and lenses do you have and why?  I need some advice on this.
Here are a couple of photos I took a few weeks ago before my camera died.........








1 comment:

teal915 said...

I have a Sony a55. It was rated one of the best cameras last year. I love it. My debate was between a Canon, Nikon, or this Sony. You can't go wrong with Canon or Nikon either.