Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's never too late: Halloween! ~ Camera ~ Cat injury

Since Madi was in the hospital over Halloween.....I never had a chance to take pictures of the girl's in their Halloween costumes.  You saw a glimpse of the outfits from the School party at Taylor's school but I didn't get any at home.  Taylor did go trick or treating with my dad and for a short while with Mark (while he took a break from the hospital) but, unfortunately, Madi never experienced her "First Halloween".     :(

So, I decided we would get their costumes on and take a few photos.......




I am sure you noticed the snotty nose on Madi and the black circles on Taylor eyes.......yes, Madi is sick, yet again.  I have come to the conclusion that this is how Madi is going to be for the entire winter.  Snotty nose, congestion, and coughing.  In regards to Taylor's black circles, she hasn't been sleeping the best since her T&A, wakes up in pain and crying.

Here are some more cute pictures.....




It makes me sad that Madi missed out on her "First Halloween" but in reality, she doesn't know the difference.  She will have plenty of more Halloween's to celebrate!

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      

On another note, I have a new camera!!!  Yeah!  Now I have to learn how to use it.  It is definitely not a point and shoot type of thing, that's for sure!  But, so far, I am loving it!  I got a Nikon 5100, for those of you that are camera buffs.

             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the midst of Taylor getting her tonsils out and Madi getting sick, yet again, we had another "drama" happen in our household.  Remember, the name of our blog is Johannsen's Crazy Life........so, we are sure to always have some kind of "drama" happening!

On the night of Taylor's surgery, Mark returned from the hospital with Madi to discover that one of our three cats had puss oozing out of his neck.  We had noticed the day before that he had gotten into a little "scuffle" with one of the other cats but this has happened before and it heals, no big deal.  Well, this time it got infected.  Mark had to take him to the emergency vet hospital in town because, of course, these types of things always seem to happen when your regular vet's office is closed.  This is the result for the next couple of weeks......





He has a section of the back of his neck, about 2 in. wide by 1 in., where the skin has died.  It has scabbed over but until the skin and scab flake off and heals, he has to wear this protective "sock" so that he doesn't scratch at it.

I feel so bad for the guy but in a way I don't too.  He really is the bully out of the 3 cats and I know that he instigated this.  Whenever he gets bored, he decides to pick on the other two.  Well, Celeste (our female cat) decided that she had HAD enough!  And she gave him a little dose of his own medicine!




Poor Kosmo!

I hope everyone is having a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday!

I promise, I will be posting more these upcoming days!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, i'm sorry, but your cat looks cute and pitiful in that sock at the same time! and your girls of course, are super cute!! i love their costumes. What would life be without some chaos and a little excitement thrown in there. The good times definitely outweigh the bad. Hope Taylor is doing better with her post surgery. have a wonderful holiday :)