Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I know I am a few days behind.....but I have been struggling to get a post done these days.  I really don't have time during the day.  And by the time the girls are in bed, I really don't feel too creative.  I just want to watch t.v., read other people's blogs or just go to bed.

So, even though I am a few days late.........Happy Valentine's Day!!!!



It was a busy day, as usual.  Taylor had school at the Rise while Madi had her music therapy class in the morning.

The afternoon was filled with one school party followed by the other school's party for Taylor.








The great thing about these school parties.......it's just sitting back and watching all the kids.  I would love to be a "little fly on the wall" at her school some day, just to see how she acts at school.  I think that she is a very different child from the one that we see at home.  At home, she is a ball of energy and she does.not.stop.talking!  But, the moment we step into either school, she gets really shy and quiet.  At both schools, they say that she relaxes as soon as I leave.  But, I really wonder, to what extent.



It was also kind of interesting to see where some of her new little antics and sayings come from.  She has picked up a few things that I am not so thrilled about and when I was there, I could see which kiddos these things came from.



In raising my girls, I want them to become strong, independent women.  But, when I watched Taylor doing "her thang" with her friends........it kind of scared me.  I am fearful of the day when she no longer needs me.  When I am no longer the "center of her universe"!  I know that I am getting ahead of myself.  She's only 3!  It's just that I have had a few occasions recently that have shown me how fast my girls are growing up and I don't want that to happen.  I want them to stay the ages that they are right now.  I am scared for the day when I take them to school, they don't want to be "seen" with their mom.  "Mom's too embarrassing!!!"

Taylor is at such a fun age right now.  I just don't want it to change.  She's sweet, loving, she tells me she loves me at random times.  She tells me I'm her best friend.  What more could a momma want!!!

Wow!!!  When I first started this post, I wasn't planning on getting all emotional or anything.  Just wanted to post a couple of cute pictures of the girls on Valentine's Day!  That must be my que that I am tired, over-emotional and it's time to go to bed.

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day......celebrating with the ones you love!!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

See my FB status! Drew still hugs me and actually blurted out that he's a mama's boy! Of course, he took it back, laughing the whole time. Your girls will ALWAYS be your girls, no matter what the age. Heck, I'll help keep that going!

Love you!

Susan