Friday, February 17, 2012

Flashback Friday ~ 3 years ago today

Three years ago today........I completed my 2nd round of chemo for breast cancer.  As I write this, at this exact time, I was starting to feel cruddy after the 4-5 hours of infusion I had just received.  The lack of appetite was in full force.  A little nauseous.  No energy.  I had this 5 1/2 month old baby that I desperately wanted to play with.  But, instead I just wanted to go to bed.

And today was the easy day.  Tomorrow would be a little worse.  And then the next 2 days, I would sleep 18-20 hours of a 24 hour period.  I would maybe eat half of a piece of toast in the morning.  A couple of bites at dinner.  I just couldn't eat.

I would force myself to come downstairs and attempt to play with Taylor. But in reality, I usually would just watch whoever was helping me out that week play with her, while I laid on the couch.

It is so crazy how life is.  How so much can change.  Three years is not a whole lot of time that has passed....but those chemo days seem like decades ago.  I struggle to even remember those days.  I have to really think hard about it to remember the details.

Three years ago, I was scared.  I didn't know what the future entailed.  If you would have told me on this day that in three years I would have another baby girl.......I would have told you that you are crazy!  There is NOOOO way!

But, I do!!!!  And I am so excited about the next three years and what they will bring!

I need to try and remember this feeling I have right now.  When I am feeling down and low and stressed about events........I need to remember, " This too shall pass".  It WILL get better!


This picture was taken in the morning.......right before my chemo infusion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

U r such an inspiration. Your life is an incredible journey and u rock!

Denise Mom of 4 Amazing Kids said...

You make me want to be a better person, Thank you!

Laura said...

Thank you for sharing! I so look forward to meeting you in April!