Monday, August 22, 2011

1st Day of School at the Rise

So, today was Taylor's 1st day of preschool at the Rise School of Denver, which is the school that Madi will start going to next fall.  It has 50% typical kids and 50% kids with special needs.  

The day started out so wonderfully.....



Taylor was looking cute as can be......with her new little backpack!




We made the 45 minute drive to the school.  Yes, I said 45 minute drive!  I am sure you are asking, why would you drive 45 minutes to a preschool!?!?

Well, Madi will start the school next fall when she is old enough.  And we really think it will be good for Taylor to be around other kiddos like her baby sister.  I think she will learn more compassion, patience and to be a leader.

Anyways, back to the drive story.......we are pulling off the freeway and out of nowhere, Taylor projectile vomits all over the car.  And when I say, all over, I mean ALL OVER!!!!  Her carseat is in the center so I am sure you can imagine the damage that was done to me, the center console, the radio, everything!!!

At first, I felt horrible for her!  She was crying and didn't really understand what was going on with her.  But, then I thought, I just drove 45 minutes and now we are going to drive all the way home and she can't go to school!

But, she did get to go!  Whew!!!  She has been taking antibiotics for an infected "smashed up" finger and she took them on an empty stomach this morning.  I wasn't able to get food in her fast enough after the medicine so needless, to say, up it came.

The school was understanding about the situation and knew it wasn't because she was sick.  Thankfully, I was bringing in a stash of "extra" clothes to have at the school.  So......out went the cute little dress and on came the sweat pants and t-shirt.  Oh well, there are many more days of cute clothes to come!


No comments: