Saturday, April 2, 2011

Glad this week is over!

All I can say is that I am glad that this week is over!!!!  It has been a horrible week.  First off, Mark has been out of town for 10 days and just got home this afternoon.  It is ALOT of work taking care of a 3 month old and 2 1/2 year old by yourself for several days.  Not having someone to take the pressure off at night or to help get the girls down for bed.  I am exhausted!!

Second, Madi got her first illness.  She started out just not being herself for a couple of days.  Not smiling, not doing well with the therapy.  Just doing nothing.  I was so frustrated because I was feeling like she was regressing.  I just didn't know yet that she was sick.  Then, the vomiting, diarrhea and fever came.  On Thursday I took her to the pediatrician's office and they sent us over to Children's Hospital for possible dehydration.  We did a fluid challenge, which she successfully kept down so we didn't need to have IV fluids.  Thank god!!!  I would have been crying having to watch them try and find a vein to put an IV in.

She seems to be doing better and better.  Yesterday she kept everything down and she was back to smiling at me!!  She still is not 100% but at least she is moving in the right direction.

Third, I have been very, very depressed this week.  It has been a dark week for me.  I think it's a combination of things.  Hormones are still very out of whack.  Loneliness with Mark being gone for so long.  Frustration with Madi seeming to regress (which later was the sickness).  Exhaustion.  Overwhelmed.  Down syndrome.  Nothing to look forward to.  Basically, just good ole' post partum-depression.  I am doing much better now but I had quite a few days of ALOT of crying and just lack of interest in anything.  It is hard for me to admit this on here because I am not a person that likes to appear weak.  But, I want everyone to know just how hard this all is for me.

I am doing much better now, though.  Yesterday, Gigi and I took Taylor and had a "girl's" day!  We went to the Disney Princess on Ice show.  Taylor absolutely LOVED it!!!  She has been twirling around trying to mimic the ice skaters ever since.  It really was magical!  It made me want to dress up in those big dresses and twirl around, too!




Taylor with all her goodies she HAD to have!



Taylor decided she didn't like cotton candy but she was going to stuff it all in Gigi's mouth instead.




2 comments:

Lisa {aka LDB Taylor} said...

Hi I'm Lisa. I found you on the DS facebook blog. You have beautiful children! My Annie has DS - she is now 21!!! She is my oldest, and has 4 younger brothers - thus she is the princess of our house!
I look forward to reading your blog, I'm following you on google. Please stop by my blog for a visit if you ever have time! I post about life in general - with several "Girly Girl (Annie) posts as well!
Blessings to you and yours,
Lisa
http://www.neebeep.com/itsownsweetwillneebeepc/

Julz said...

Karrie,
Keep your chin up girl! With all that load on you, it is impossible not to slip into some dark places. Just emotionally handling everything by yourself for that amount of time, I dont think there is a woman out there that could get through it without a breakdown, or two, or three, or ten:) I used to feel the same when Jamie was gone all the time, those hormones from pregnancy really stood the test of time this time around. I will pray for you, in the meantime, Im just a call away. I hate to bother you, knowing how busy you are, but if you just want to unload, Im always here for you girl!