Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter weekend

I am finally getting around to putting the pictures on the computer and writing a post about our wonderful Easter weekend!!!

It was an absolutely GREAT weekend!!!  I love Easter!  Okay......what holiday don't I love!  :)  I have so many great memories of holidays from growing up.  Sometimes I think I am reliving my childhood through my kids......I get just as giddy and excited as they do!

We started the weekend by dying Easter eggs.  This year went a little more smoother than last.  Last year, Taylor just couldn't get the concept of not taking the Easter eggs out with her hands.  Her fingers were stained for several days from the dye!





Taylor decided to give me sticker "tattoos"!




On Saturday, Taylor went to her first BIG Easter egg hunt.  I don't think we went to these when we were kids but I sure wish we would have.  It was awesome!

There were hundreds and hundreds of eggs.......



And then they were gone.  Seriously, I think they whole thing took maybe 1 1/2 minutes.  They were just gone!

Taylor was funny.......she got so excited to run out there.......she just kind of ran around in circles at first. I kept telling her to pick up the eggs but she just giggled and ran.  Then she took a face plant into the ground, lost her boot, and finally settled down enough to start picking up the eggs.  It was funny!

I am definitely looking forward to next year's egg hunt!  I can't wait until both girls are able to do it!  It will be so exciting to see Madi out there running around......because I will know how hard she has had to work to get to the point of doing that.






On Saturday night, we HAD to lay out something for the Easter bunny to eat..........



And the Easter bunny left us a pile of poop (dried raisins) leading the way to the baskets ......




Taylor woke up in the morning so excited to see what the Easter bunny brought her!


She got princess outfits and matching shoes to dress up in!

Her own camera so she will stop using ours (and dropping it)





The rest of the day was very relaxing!  Church followed by lots and lots of eating and lounging around.



Gigi and Madi


I have to admit, though, I am really glad that all the holidays that involve candy are over.  It starts out with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day and then Easter.  I had an excuse this last fall for being a few extra pounds......I was pregnant!  But, now, Madi is 4 months old and it is time to start losing that baby weight.

I hope everyone had as wonderful Easter weekend as I did!!!

No comments: