Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sentimental

I must confess........I am a sentimental sap!  I like to save little mementos and keepsakes of events that I deem important in my life.  They might seem really insignificant now but obviously, at the time, I deemed it necessary to keep that little trinket or dried rose petals, etc........

You all will think this is really funny.......but, I have boxes of stuff in our basement from growing up.  (Okay, NO I am NOT a hoarder......I call it sentimental!)  I have newspaper clippings from when I was one of the top sellers of Girl Scout cookies,  my favorite sticker collection (you can only guess how old that is!), several boxes of stuffed teddy bears, and dried flowers from Homecoming and Prom dances.  I also have my infamous Prom dress from my junior year of high school.

The other day, Taylor wanted to get dressed up in "pretty" dresses and spin around.  She kept insisting that I needed to have a pretty dress, too!  So, what did any good mom do?!?!   I got out my ole' Prom dress from when I was 16 years old!  

I really don't know what I was thinking......I just had my 2nd baby 8 1/2 months ago.......would I even be able to get it over my hips?!?!

Well, here is the result.......





Not only did I get it on......but, Taylor and I rocked it out!!!!  

Take another look at those pictures.......seriously, what was I thinking?!?!  Check out those puffy sleeves and gold beading!  (Okay, I must confess, I still LOVE that dress!  I will NEVER get rid of it!)

Moving forward to today..........my mom kept a few of my old outfits from when I was a baby.  I put a couple of them on Taylor when she was a baby and of course, I had to do the same with Madi!


Taylor at 2 months old.....



Same outfit.....Madi at 8 1/2 months old.





Taylor at 5 months old.....





Same outfit.........Madi at 8 1/2 months old.




The next outfits I never took pictures of Taylor in them for some reason.  But, I have Madi in them!







I absolutely LOVE going down memory lane!!!!

Mark likes to call all of my stuff in the basement "junk".......but, I choose to call it memories!!!!

BTW, I still have my "blankies".......the girl's have them in the playroom with them!  (And for momma to "play" snuggle with, too!)

4 comments:

April Vernon said...

Ok, I am sooo jealous you are able to fit into clothes from your high school days!!! I love that you joined in on the moment of dancing around in pretty dresses! The pictures of the girls in those dresses are adorable.

P.S. I still have my blankies, too...but I'm not sharing!! LOL)

teal915 said...

That dress is TOO funny. I would never get rid of it either. I only went to Junior prom, but my dress wasn't nearly as fun. I sold it a yard sale a couple of years later. Love the outfits too. Very cute.

Smilen Champ said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Your girls are beautiful and have really pretty smiles. They are precious gifts, and earthly angels. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, developmental delays and 12 other diagnosis. I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Julz said...

Girl, I love your dress!!!! Its so classic! And, your girls are adorable in their "mama outfits"