Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day and Cardiologist

Happy (late) Mother's Day to all you momma's out there!!!

I had a good Mother's Day this year!  Mark was unfortunately out of town and so was my dad so it was my mom, me and the two girlies for the day!!  We went out for breakfast and then spent the day at the Cheyenne Mtn. Zoo in Colorado Springs.


Taylor was able to pet a baby kangaroo!  

Gigi and Taylor.......Rrrrrrrrr!

Taylor saw a chipmunk and just HAD to lay on the ground to watch it!

This porcupine was just too cool!  I had to take a picture!

A good time was had by all!!!  Both girls asleep in the car!

I truly feel blessed and honored to be the momma for two wonderful, beautiful girls!!  This Mother's Day has meant just a little something extra special this year.  I can't imagine my life without my girls.....exactly how they are.  I wouldn't change a thing!




We received some wonderful news today!!!!!!

We had Madi's cardiologist appt to repeat an EKG and echo on her heart........NO MORE  pulmonary hypertension!  Yeah!!!!  Everything looked great!  Her PDA was closed completely and the leakage between the two upper chambers was gone too!

So, now, the next step is to do a 24 hour oxygen challenge to see if she can get off her oxygen.  They will hook up a pulse-oxymeter to her toe and it will tell what her oxygen saturation levels are at all times.  She has to be above 90% at least 90% of the 24 hours.  I think she will do fine for the day portion.  We had her oxygen off today at the appt and during her feeding there and she was between 92-94%.  I worry about the night time levels.  Last time we did the O2 challenge, she dipped down to the 20's% during the night.  If she does dip down at night but is good during the day, they could set it up so that she only has to have o2 at night.  That wouldn't be so bad.......at least we wouldn't have to lug the O2 around during the day anymore.

But, more than the oxygen issue, I am just glad that the pulmonary hypertension is gone!!!  I was so worried she would still have it.  The next step would have been to start different drugs to make it better.  I really did not want to have to go down that road.

Miss Madi is such a big girl these days!!  She is sitting in the exerciser........her feet don't touch the floor yet but she enjoys reaching for the toys!





I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!


1 comment:

April Vernon said...

Hooray for the good report at the cardiologist! That is wonderful news!