Friday, December 28, 2012

Madi is 2 years old!

2 years ago today......my life was forever changed!  When I first heard the words, "Down syndrome", I thought it was the end of the world.  But, soon I would discover it was not something to be feared.  If Madi having Down syndrome is what makes her HER........then I wouldn't change it for the anything!

When I first started writing Madi's birthday post, I looked back to see what I had written last year on her birthday ....... and you know, I was going to write something very similar.  The feelings are all the same.  I am continually amazed by this little girl and every day she shows me that she is capable of such great things!!

She is smart, stubborn, determined, silly, crazy over her sister and most of all......the most loving little girl!  Seriously, this girl gives the best hugs!

Here is a look at the last year....


Miss Madi was sick pretty much the first 4 months of last year.






Doing the army crawl.


Valentine's Day!


St. Patrick's Day!


Officially crawling on all fours!


 
World Down syndrome Day!


Pajama and Pancakes Easter Party!



1st Airplane Ride!







Soooo big!


Doing her bear crawl!


Pudding sensory fun!




Step Up for Down syndrome Walk!



It is false that kids with Down syndrome are always happy!!





Unhappy Unicorn!



We discovered she LOVES suckers!



And lollipops too!!



Happy 2nd Birthday Miss Madi!!!!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Happy birthday sweet Madi! Ben sends his love:)

Unknown said...

What wonderful pictures of Miss Maddie! Happy birthday, little lady and best wishes for even more fun, excitement, and joy for this next year.

:) Libby said...

Happy Birthday Madi! What an amazing little girl you are!! You have changed so much in a year! Can't wait to see everything you do in your next year! :)

Melissa said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Madi!! I've loved watching you grow over the past year!

(we really need to get the girls together so they can play!)

Anna Theurer said...

Happy birthday, Miss Madi!!!! I love the pudding pictures :-)

Becca said...

Happy Happy Birthday, beautiful girl!!! I just loved these pictures!!

teal915 said...

Happy birthday, big girl. Love seeing some pictures of Madi. I think we might need a little update post lol. How's the job and all the busy-ness going? Is Madi's congestion better? Kamdyn is having a T&A in Feb. Is Madi taking any steps yet?

April Vernon said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Madi! I have enjoyed watching your grow on your mommy's blog!